All too often I get asked “Why are you a Conservative?” I think it is essential for Conservatives to be able to answer this question in an understandable way. In short, I am a Conservative because Conservatism goes to the root of the problem, instead of trying to patch up the problem. If you patch up a problem, it’ll keep happening. I want to solve the problems.
For the sake of time, I condensed my numerous reasons on why I am Conservative into my top five.
- I think the Government is efficient and effective at running very little. The primary role of Government is to Defend Americans, to Promote General Welfare (not provide) and to secure the blessings of liberty. The government today has become grossly enlarged and what they try to fix they end up ruining. How can we expected a bunch of bureaucrats, career politicians, and political insiders to have any clue how to solve the problems they create? The Government doesn’t create jobs, the government provides employment funded by the tax payer. A couple of my siblings are employees of the Federal Government and who in their right mind would bite the hand that feeds them? Very few! A sweet pension in the future, and a job that is 9-5 with little over time….sign me up! In reality though, this set up is provided by money we don’t have. We are deeply in debt as a country.
Also, what government ran agencies are solving the problems we face right now?
The Department of Veteran Affairs? Many Veterans are not getting the care they need and their needs should be top priority! The Department of Education? Since the Department of Education formed, The U.S. has dropped dramatically in test score and where we rank internationally. The government declared a war on poverty back in 1964….how is that working for us? We have over 45 million Americans living in poverty!
2. I am also Conservative because I am Pro-Life. Life in the womb IS LIFE, because SCIENCE SAYS IT’S LIFE. According the the 14th Amendment government has no right to take life! Roe vs. Wade is actually unconstitutional and should be overturned.
I also support pro life Conservative legislatures. If I wasn’t PRO-LIFE, it wouldn’t matter who I vote for. For example -Obama, while he was in the Senate, voted to not save a baby that survives an abortion. I support legislatures that take steps to END abortion not advance it! These legislatures are my VOICE. My voice is my vote in who I vote for.
3. I believe that the 2nd Amendment is not a gift from our government. The Second Amendment is my right as an American Citizen. It is my choice to choose how I defend myself.
4. I believe in Fiscal Conservatism. We are 20 trillion in debt, yet we keep spending money we DON’T HAVE! This is asinine! We literally have billions of dollars being wasted each year. For example- millions were spent studying the drinking habits of fraternities, and tax payer dollars were also spent studying hamsters on steroids…yes, this happened last year! Stop the WASTE, Stop the SPENDING! It is totally and completely irresponsible to continue this spending and pass this debt onto our children!
5. Less Regulation and Less Taxes! Overbearing Regulation in short, shuts down businesses. Rules and restrictions stifle the entrepreneur and the dreamers! Bureaucrats that really have no idea how business works are putting restrictions on business….and causing many to not even try….this results in less jobs-FYI: jobs are good! Taxing the hell out of the job providers eliminates jobs! Business form with the intention of profit, if there is no profit…..why have a business? No business, no jobs.
Below is a video I made that explains this in under 3 minutes, simply put- Conservatism is Common Sense 🙂