1) I know it’s going out there on a limb these days but I Believe in the Constitution! I believe that our leaders are not exempt from following the constitution! The Constitution has seen us through 45 Presidencies, It has seen us through the exploration of the wild west, the abolition of slavery, the civil war, women’s right to vote, World War 1 and 2, landing on the moon, and all the while making the United States of America the greatest nation on earth…enabling the right to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of HAPPINESS. If you don’t like the Constitution feel free to move to another country that has bigger dreamers, entrepreneurs, risk takers, and world changers ….wait…you won’t find one!
2) Limited Government! This country was founded by men and women escaping an over reaching government in England! I believe that the government is here to protect and provide essentials for every day life that enable the Individual pursuit of life, liberty and happiness.
3) Every Life should have a say! Whether that life is in the womb still getting all “sassified” or old old old and ready to meet THE Maker! Science has proven that that “clump of cells” in the womb IS in fact LIFE. According to our 14th Amendment that LIFE should be protected and is entitled to the same rights as you or me. Roe Vs. Wade should actually be overturned, because it’s unconstitutional.
4) Term Limits! I am a strong advocate for #termlimits in Congress…do your time, then get the heck out of there! Congress has a 13% approval rating and yet a re-election rating of over 90%-that’s messed up! Un-seating an incumbent is darn near impossible! Not all Conservatives hold this in deep regard for term limits but I do! It’s about the people not the politicians….so many congressmen and women have forgotten that we are their bosses and they work for us!
5) School Choice in Education-Since the Department of Education was formed in 1980, test scores and scholastic performance has declined! I believe in giving the power back to the states and parents! Why should some out of touch government bureaucrat be deciding what’s best for your child-they are YOUR child-YOU know what’s best- School choice is a must! It requires competition and for educators to step up their game if they want our child’s attendance.
6) I believe the government has completely overreached it’s boundaries in regards to our Personal privacy! No ONE should be spied on without probable cause! Giving up your civil freedoms for protection is enslavement based on fear-a decision based on fear will only further enslave. The violation of our Fourth Amendment that we are witnessing has got to stop!
7) Second Amendment-it is our Right to keep and bear arms! If this freaks you out…get educated on guns…most who are terrified of them have never held one or taken the time to get informed on the issue! Again…don’t let fear…make decisions for you! I am fully aware that this is a touchy subject to many. I don’t believe though, that Law abiding citizens should have their rights limited because some wacko has gone off the chain. Un-arming law abiding citizens would only fuel the crimes of those who are lawless.
8) I believe that being Conservative means being fiscally Conservative and that is spending what you have, not spending what you don’t have hoping that somehow it’ll all turnaround. If you can’t afford it, don’t buy it. We have watched our Government spend spend spend….thinking that somehow it will all work out….well it doesn’t work like that. For example, if you have massive credit card debt do you keep spending, hoping that the credit card company will send you a letter saying…”hey it’s cool, you don’t have to pay us back,”…..fyi-that will NEVER happen! Our government has driven us deeper and deeper into debt-at some point our creditors will want to collect! STOP THE SPENDING!
9) I believe in Personal Responsibility, you and I are responsible for our own actions not the Governement. I know that the true War on Women is to down play a woman’s concerns to only that of the reproductive system. I am a woman and I will not be put in a box stamped “reproductive rights!” I am much more than that! My concerns go far beyond what pills the government is buying for me. I am grown and I can do just fine on my own. I have the ability to challenge my government to bigger issues: job growth, school choice, my 1st and 4th Amendments being violated, the sovereignty of our nations borders, our International influence…need I go on? So sorry not sorry, I refuse to be limited to only caring about reproductive rights.
10) Less Taxes and less Regulation: Taxing the hell out of corporations as well as small businesses to the point that they have to close their doors, or move their production overseas…does not stimulate job growth. Regulation and high taxes only put road blocks in place for those who are willing to take a risk in starting their own business! Let’s not forget that corporations and businesses are made of PEOPLE. Let’s allow people to work!
11) Lastly, and most importantly-I believe America is Exceptional. Not that I am exceptional, or that you are exceptional (though I do believe God’s creation’s have the ability to be exceptional) but that America and what this great nation offers is exceptional. America-though not perfect-has done more GOOD, than any other nation on earth. I will never apologize for being an American, and I do not for a moment take my citizenship for granted.