With over 55% of Americans opposing the Iranian Deal……it is looking like it will likely pass the Senate- when voted on in the next week or so.
The primary purpose of the Iranian Deal is said to:
1) Prevent Iran from having a nuclear weapon.
2) Make sure Israel is safe
3) If possible, avoid another war in the Middle East
These all sound like great goals right……Iran doesn’t get a nuclear weapon, no war and our truly loyal ally -Israel, remains safe-only….this deal doesn’t assure any of that.
How so? Let me explain:
Under the basic terms of the Iran Deal is: The lifting of economic sanctions on Iran, in exchange for a significant decline in the country’s ability to produce nuclear material. This is said to be done with intense and thorough international monitoring.
Below are the FOUR PRIMARY reasons why this is NOT A GOOD DEAL…..and let’s be honest, just ONE reason should be enough to Not make this deal!
- Having sanctions on Iran has limited their ability financially to explore their abilities in creating nuclear weapons. Under this deal, Iran is allowed to keep about a third of its 19,000 centrifuges that are capable of separating the explosive uranium 235 isotope from uranium ore, which is needed when creating a nuclear weapon. Under the deal, Iran is still allowed to enrich Uranium but for “peaceful” purposes only…..no really -only for peaceful purposes. When sanctions are lifted on a country….their economy prospers-their now allowed to export oil and this alone will allow for an additional hundreds of millions of dollars to enhance their ability to escalate their obtainment of a nuclear weapon.
- In this Deal, Iran will get 150 billion dollars.The $150 billion figure refers to the dollar amounts of Iran’s foreign assets that would be unfrozen when the sanctions are lifted. Much of this money is money Iran has earned from selling oil but is has been held by a foreign bank. This is additional money that Iran will be able to use to further its determination in accessing nuclear weapons.
- Well, Iran is going to be “intensely monitored” so they won’t be able to obtain a nuclear weapon, you might argue?Who is doing the monitoring? Not the United States…..nope, but the IAEA, “International Atomic Energy Agency”- will be doing the monitoring of Iran’s facilities. The IAEA is also known as the United Nations “Nuclear Watchdog,” located in Vienna, Austria. “Last year, the IAEA’s regular budget was just over $350 million. That’s less than the budget of the San Diego police department. Iran is roughly 1,700 times larger than San Diego by territory—and about twice the size of Texas. Of course, the IAEA’s budget funds not just inspections in Iran, but activities around the world…..IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano estimated that the Iran portfolio has cost his agency $1 million per month since November 2013, when Iran initially allowed limited inspection of certain sites as a condition to launch diplomatic talks.” –The Atlantic.com. So the guys doing the monitoring don’t have the funding to do the monitoring, that’s reassuring right? Another major concern according to the Times of Israel, is that the main inspector (Dr. Ali Hosseini-Tash) for the nuclear sites- is said to be the ex-head of Iran’s nuclear bomb effort 10 years ago! Insanity right!!! And No…..I am not making this up! But here’s the kicker, Obama has said that the Inspections can take place “anywhere-anytime”…..BUT what is not mentioned is in the deal, Iran has 24 days to comply with a request for an inspection…..meaning Iran gets a 24 DAY-not hour-DAYS heads-up that inspections are going to take place! And why need a “heads up” if you aren’t up to anything?
- Lastly, Iran hates America (not to mention they are the number one state sponsor of terrorism). We are infidels and need to be eradicated is part of their ideology. I also draw this conclusion by watching Iranians burn our flag, refer to the United States as “The Great Satan” and their chants of “Death to America” after the deal. Iran also thinks that Israel -our only faithful and true ally in the Middle East needs to be annihilated. In this deal we are to aid Iran, if Israel decides to strike Iran’s nuclear facilities-this is all up for interpretation but here’s the actual text: “Co-operation in the form of training courses and workshops to strengthen Iran’s ability to prevent, protect and respond to nuclear security threats to nuclear facilities and systems as well as to enable effective and sustainable nuclear security and physical protection systems.” To me, this looks like we help Iran over Israel-which is straight insanity!! I truly am baffled that this deal actually might be reached. This isn’t something you “test the waters with”-we are talking NUCLEAR consequences here-literally! Iran thinks this is a good deal….do you?
****Call your Senator….tell them to vote NO!