Okay I said it under Obama and I gotta say it while a President that I totally love and support is in the Oval Office too —-For the LOVE STOP THE SPENDING!!!!!!
Last night while we were all sleeping a government Shut Down occurred, it was the shortest government shut down ever -less than 6 hours, from 12:01am EST last night to about 5:30am EST this morning. The House then passed a two-year budget deal that earlier passed the Senate with only 16 Republicans voting against it. They passed it 240-186 with 67 Republicans voting against it.
Here’s what’s in the deal according to MarketWatch:
• Spending caps are raised by about $300 billion over two years. Military spending would be raised by $80 billion in the current fiscal year and by $85 billion next year.
• Nondefense spending would increase by $63 billion in this fiscal year, which ends in September. Next year it would increase by $68 billion.
• The debt limit would be suspended through March 2019, according to White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. That would put another vote well past this year’s midterm elections.
• $20 billion to “augment” infrastructure programs including surface transportation and rural water and wastewater systems, according to Schumer.
• $6 billion to fight the opioid epidemic.
• $4 billion for rebuilding veterans’ hospitals.
• $4 billion for college affordability programs aimed at helping police officers, teachers and firefighters.
• $90 billion in disaster aid for Texas, Florida and Puerto Rico.
• Repeals Obamacare’s Independent Payment Advisory Board, or IPAB, which is designed to control Medicare costs.
My question is: WHERE IS THE MONEY COMING FROM, BECAUSE WE ARE 22 TRILLION in DEBT as a NATION!???/
This Bill adds 1.5 TRILLION to our National Debt over the course of Ten YEARS! The Bill increases spending 21%!!! Honestly-what if you or I increased our household spending by 21% with NO ADDITIONAL INCOME coming in!??? Republicans want to spend for Military, Democrats want to increase spending for Welfare! So what do these guys do, just INCREASE spending across the BOARD AND it’s straight up INSANITY!!!
You have to watch the first few Minutes of Rand Paul’s Speech here, he NAILS it and I am right there with him on this!